We began working on the Solar Marine Flight Suit for Smart Doll over a year ago, and I’m delighted to say that it’s available later this morning. The design, initially created by @maruko_halu, was field-tested by our girls during various trips across Japan, resulting in some final modifications.
Tailored in Gifu Japan, the suit now includes ribbed cuffs on the arms and legs, which can be rolled up for a mechanic look when the hunka junk ship needs repairs or for when your dolls land on a warmer planet like Tatooine. The pockets are functional and ideal for storing miniature tools and snacks.
To create the battle mechanic aesthetic appearance sans the grease, we’ve used a Mura-dye on the entire garment. The flight suit can be worn in a few different combinations, such as with the top half hanging over the waist, the top half on with sleeves and legs rolled up or down, and so on. While the suit can be worn with medium-sized bewbs, it’s a tight fit and anything larger will have to peek-a-bewb.
I’m pleased with the final result, which pairs well with our cyberpunk accessories too - but while I’m pleased, some folks may not due to the reasons not to buy…
* The flight suit has been individually dyed by a human to create a unique item, meaning no two will ever look the same. If you’re expecting the exact same one as in the photos, you will be disappointed.
* The tools pictured are not included with the suit, which I found on the second-hand market.
* The flight suit has a weathered look, which may include loose threads or holes as part of the aesthetic.
* If you wear the suit with the legs rolled up to the knees, the fabric may gather around the knees and affect the kneeling angle if you have an Evolve body - in which case, you can just lock back the thighs so that your girls don’t topple over.
* The Solar Marine Flight Suit costs more than some human flight suits. However, if you do decide to get a human flight suit instead, your Smart Doll may just slap you and say, “Traveling through hyperspace ain’t like dusting crops, farm girl. Send that back to Amazon and get me that flight suit instead!” and then slap you again.
#tokyo #smartdoll #3dprinting #japan