Fresh from the WWDC 2009.
iPhone 3G S - instant get for me. Have been waiting for a 32GB version and now its here. Due out on either the 19th or 26th June in Japan - I hear conflicting news.
I'm working with a small team to bring you a few dannychoo.com apps too. If the first one is ready by this week then hopefully we can announce it at a press gathering at one of the Apple stores at the end of this month.
Low down on the 3G S below. looking forward to snapping daily life in Tokyo with instant uploading to the Internets.
As for Snow Leopard - probably not an instant get. Will likely break our development environments.
MacBook Pro? Nice to see that there is a 13" option now but am happy with my Dell Mini 9+Leopard as a light weight machine. My old MacBook Pro still does not sleep properly though which is annoying.
Safari 4? Been using Beta from time to time. Would like to switch from Firefox due to the increased speed but cant live without my Firefox developer extensions.
Any new acquisitions for you from this WWDC?
Original text from hikky below.The WWDC 2009 Keynote is over after 2 hours! Was watching it via an not really official live-stream. xD
Some of you may have noticed that Apple Stores were offline worldwide too. They had to add a "few" new things there as the whole Apple notebook series got an update among a lot of other stuffs.
So the most important things covered are:
iPhone 3G S:
- Brand new 3 megapixel autofocus camera
- 7.2Mbps HSDPA
- voice control
- Built in compass with compass App
- 3-megapixel autofocus camera
- video recording
- Up to 5 hours 3G talk time, 9 hours of WiFI internet.
- 16GB of storage: $199
- 32GB version: $299
- shipping on June 19th in the US, over 80 countries will have it by August.
iPhone 3G S trailer below:
"Old" iPhone 3G:
- still available for $99, starting today!
iPhone OS 3.0:
- available June 17th, free for iPhone users, $9.95 for touch users
- Copy and Paste
- Landscape keyboard
- Tethering: USB or Bluetooth, Mac or PC
- Finder/Spotlight search
- HTTP streaming audio and videos
- and a bunch of other stuffs xD
New 13" Macbook Pro:
- Starts at $1199.
EDIT: Just took a look at the Apple Store: The 13" Macbook Pro replaces the Macbook!
New version of the 15-inch Macbook Pro:
- Using the battery of the 17" Macbook Pro
- A new SD slot instead of the ExpressCard slot.
- Up to a 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo CPU, up to 8GB of RAM andt up to 500GB in hard drives or 256GB SSD.
- Starting @ $1699.
New version of the 17" Macbook Pro:
- Price cut as well -- $2499. Shipping today.
- SD slot too.
- Firewire 800 port! 500GB of storage
- backlit keyboard is now standard.
- With more aggressive configs and pricing.
- Rewriten Finder,
- installs 45% faster
- 6GB more diskspace
- handwriting recognition for the trackpad (Kanji support!)
- 64-bit, the memory limit is 16 billion GB!!!
- Safari 4 Final: Available for download today!
- Quicktime: Hardware acceleration, Color Sync, HTTP streaming!
- Grand Central Dispatch. Built-in support for multi-core all across Leopard.
- Exchange support to Mail, Calendar, and Address Book
- Upgrade from Leopard: $29
- Family pack: $49
- available in September
Who else needs some money now too?